Fusion supports many popular video codecs out of the box. However, you might still be missing a few like the popular mkv container format. Blackmagicdesign added the FFmpeg bridge in Fusion 9 which can close the gap.
To use it:
- Download the current FFmpeg version from [FFmpeg.org][ffmpeg] for your operating system. Make sure to download the version with shared linking.
- Extract / install to your preferred folder. Under Windows, Fusion expects “C:/FFmpeg”. However you can install in a different location and set the Path Map variable in Fusion.
- If Fusion does not find FFmpeg immediately, set the Path Map variable “FFmpeg:” to the root directory of your FFmpeg installation and restart Fusion.
- You can Download ffmpeg from ffmpeg.org.
- The mkv test video can be downloaded here.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.