Master the most basic & most advanced Fusion tool at the same time. Through completely different examples you learn how to best use the channel booleans tool.
Channel Booleans is a tool that applies mathematical operations to an image in Fusion. Individual RGBA foreground and background channels can be combined in different ways.
It is such a flexible tool, that it is impossible to list all scenarios that the Channel Boolean can be used for. However, this small collection should give you a good start and help use the tool in your own comps.
Examples in this tutorial include:
- multiplying an alpha channel into a separate RGB image
- inverting masks
- applying tools on the negative image
- subtracting and adding noise
- creating a merge node from scratch
- compositing multiple 3D render passes.