The Magic Mask has finally arrived in Fusion. DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.1 and Fusion Studio 18.1 include a new Magic Mask node based on the Object Mask of the Resolve Color page.
Together with Fusion’s other roto and keying tools this is a powerful addition that helps you create better masks faster. Masks for color correction, for compositing, or greenscreen work.
Watch the full tutorial to see when and how you can combine multiple magic masks, add rotoscoping or use the magic mask to create solid and garbage masks for the Fusion Delta Keyer.
Topics in this tutorial are:
- Using the Magic Mask
- Subtractive strokes and subtractive masks
- Magic Mask with Fusion rotoscoping
- Export to the Color Page
- Multiple effect & compositing ideas
- Using the object mask for people
- Greenscreen with magic mask