Thank you Everyone!
Thank you to all participants. We had over 100 initial registrations and got 30 submissions. Lot’s of great work in there – tough choice! Feel free to watch all submissions via the playlist below. In my winner announcement I selected a few submissions that I found particularly noteworthy and give some hints of what’s behind the effects you see and why I selected them.
Congratulations to Matt from the UK!
Congratulations to Zizo from Greece!
Check out his other work:
Congrats to Ty from the US!
Watch All Submissions
Here is the YouTube Playlist with all submissions for the contest. The Playlist is ordered by order of submission.
Create a short animation in DaVinci Resolve to showcase your skills, get feedback, and win prizes! This is a small beginner friendly challenge and learning opportunity. Participation is free and easy:
I will provide public feedback on some of the submissions. The top 3 entries (as chosen by me) will receive a vfxstudy.com training course or seminar of their choice. Places 1 and 2 also get to choose a fine art print (poster) of one of the photos from the photographer. The winner will additionally receive a DaVinci Resolve Studio License (value 295$) from Blackmagic Design.
I reserve the right to modify or remove any of the prices above if they, for whatever reason, cannot easily be provided to the recipient (e.g., legal or geographic restrictions, excessive shipping costs etc.)
1. Register – Closed
Sign up for free by filling in your name and email. You will receive a link with the download package via email as well as updates for the contest.
2. Create a Short Animation
- Download, extract, and restore the Resovle Archive – you received the link via email.
- Create a short animation (< 30 seconds).
- Only use standard tools in DaVinci Resolve or DaVinci Resolve Studio and only use the photographs provided.
You can include the following, but it will not be considered for the contest:
- You can add audio if you have all required legal rights.
- You can add your logo, bumper, end screen, or similar before or after the animation.
3. Upload and Submit your Video
Deadline: March 31, 2023
- Upload the final result to YouTube. The video should be public and a link to vfxstudy.com in the description is appreciated.
- Please export and save your DaVinci Resolve Project (*.drp) file. I will ask you via email to send it to me if you are among the top contestants or if I select your submission for public feedback.
- Fill out this submission form (closed).
The photos provided with this contest are for use in this contest only. They are from Nature & Fine Art Photographer Sebastian Worm. Have a look at his portfolio or check out his photo products on Zazzle.com.
Get Inspired – Related Tutorials and Courses
My free beginner course is based on photos and can offer you some great ideas to get started. You can also check out my seminar Photos in 3D. In addition, I will release some free YouTube tutorials in the coming days.